Like all products in the SmartScan family, the SmartScan 4.0 X-ray Scanner is ruggedly constructed of aerospace quality aluminum and provides 16 bit grayscale X-ray film scanning at up to 1000 dpi with a maximum optical density range of 4.7 to support the most demanding tele-radiology program. Setting new standards for the fast scanning of X-ray film, the SmartScan 4.0 uses a 10,000 element CCD imager, with maximum un-interpolated optical resolution of 9.5 K pixels square, and up to 19K with interpolation in one axis. Offering a variety of scanning modes including 12, 14 and 16 bit grayscale scanning, with 12 to 8 bit conversion (256 optimized gray levels), and 24, 30 and 36 color options, the SmartScan offers the most extensive scanning options in the industry. The SmartScan 4.0 offers fast scanning of X-rays in under 30 seconds and is DICOM 3.0 compliant. Easily interfaced to large PACS systems in a tele-radiology program, the SmartScan 4.0 provides maximum image clarity and optimization potential. Includes an integrated light box for local clinic viewing of X-ray film and has an automatic calibration engine to optimize scanning uniformity. The vertical design and rigid optical platform minimizes maintenance requirements and offers increased flexibility to mount on a wall, stand or desktop. Available with a 100 X-ray film Automatic Document Feed (see AMD-5400.) The SmartScan 4.0 is a powerful DICOM 3.0 compliant building block in your tele-radiology program.
- Resolution Maximum Optical: 1000 Dots Per Inch, Maximum Interpolated: 2000 DPI with interpolation in one axis
- Resolution selections: 4 to 1000 DPI in 1 step increments
- Exposure Settings: From -18 to +600 in 3 step increments (higher values for darker films)
- Gamma Settings: Custom and preset curves
- Optical Density Range: .01-4.7 O.D. actual
- Scanning Modes: 16 bit grayscale (65000 levels) 12 to 8 bit conversion (256 optimized grey levels) 24, 30 and 36 color option available
- Computer Configurations: Pentium III class, 512Mb RAM, Win2000, WinXP, Minimum 80 gigabyte storage recommended. Video card:64Mb RAM supported modem required for modem transfers. ASPI compliant SCSI card supplied. 12-bit custom interface or DICOM 3.0 interface included.
- Scanning Speed: 300 DPI: 30 seconds; 150 DPI (2 X 2K): 12 seconds Depenedent on processor speed, available RAM, disk access time and video card
- Integrated Light Box: Scanned and original images can be compared immediately for enhanced quality control of scanned images.
- Large Media Sizes: All transparent media up to 14 X 17 inches
- Operating Environment: 10-40 C (50 - 140 F), 20-80% humidity. Shock load resistance for mobile applications
- DICOM 3.0 Interface: RDI Xscan32 software incorporates DICOM 3.0 image transfer. Included DICOM 2.0 interface for DICOM compliant systems, PACS and teleradiology
- Automatic Document Feeder: Optional ADF available for high volume scanning of all types of x-ray films
- Weight: 34 lbs/ 14 Kg
- Dimensions: 26 x 22 x 4 inches, 66 x 56 x 15 CM
- Power: 100-250V AC/1.5A max; 47-63Hz